Make your football season as safe as it is fun!
Finally it’s Fall, the eagerly anticipated season that signals cooler temps, colorful leaves, the start of school and of course, football season in Pennsylvania!
Football season, whether it’s college or professional, brings with it a whole host of seasonal activities for football fans, from game day tailgates and sports-bar outings, to friendly bets and bowl parties. At Whitford Insurance Network we want your football season to be both exciting and safe, so as you cheer your team to victory consider the following tips:
- Keep it clean: Tailgating is one of America’s favorite pastimes! If you’re tailgating, opt for non-breakable, recyclable containers. This will make cleanup easier and help prevent injuries resulting from broken glass.
- Be smart: Whether you’re tailgating, hosting a viewing party at your house in Chester Springs, sitting in the stands at Beaver Stadium, or joining your buddies at the local bar, know your limit on alcohol intake and make sure you’ve appointed designated drivers.
- Know where you’re going: pre-plan travel to the stadium to avoid getting lost and to make finding parking easier if you drive.
- Fill those bellies: Whenever alcohol is consumed make sure food is too! A good rule of thumb is one glass of water and snack for every two-three alcoholic beverages.
- Be weather wise: If you’re heading to the stadium, or walking from a friends to a sports-bar, be sure to prepare for the weather. In colder temps, bring layers and blankets (especially if you’re bringing the little ones along). Avoid umbrellas if you find yourself in a lightening storm, and always wear gloves if you’ll be walking.
- Keep it close: Whether you’re hitting the live game or the local tavern, keep your valuables safe. Cellphones should always be locked with a passcode to avoid access to your personal information if your phone is lost or stolen. Always check for your valuables after you’re bumped by a stranger, even if it seems accidental.
Wherever and however you’re watching the game this weekend, we hope you enjoy every last minute! Go team!
Game day insurance tips:
Here are a few pointers for making sure your insurance provides an additional safety net on game day:
- Make sure you have adequate auto coverage to cover any contents that may be stolen in the unfortunate event of a break-in in the stadium parking lot. Be sure this includes any tailgating extras, like storage trailers.
- Ensure you have sufficient liability coverage on your homeowner’s policy, as well as medical payments coverage and possible umbrella coverage. These exist to protect you in the event someone becomes injured while at your house, or after leaving an event you’ve hosted where alcohol was served. If you host frequently, call us for an Umbrella quote today!
- Consider roadside assistance coverage. In the event your vehicle breaks down, or your keys become locked in the car, it can save the day.
And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest for our favorite game day snacks!